Consultant, CRM Implementations
JCA provides strategic consulting to the world's leading nonprofits. Since 1988, we have helped nonprofit organizations work smarter. As the first and largest independent consulting firm dedicated solely to the technical and operational needs of nonprofits, JCA has uncommon insight into the challenges our clients face.
To work at JCA, you must adhere to our core values.
- We take our work seriously.
- We hold ourselves personally accountable for our work.
- We are honest, no matter what.
- We are fair and respectful to our clients and to each other.
- Excellence drives us.
The JCA Consultant (CRM Implementations) is a key position in JCA CRM implementation projects at fundraising organizations. The Consultant plays a primary role in client engagements, working as part of a team, ensuring that our projects successfully achieve their objectives.
Deliver high quality billable services to customers in the areas of software configuration, data conversion, and implementation support.
Act as the subject matter expert on business processes involved in customer projects and translate this knowledge into an effective implementation of new processes required by a change in software.
Consult with clients analyze, define, and document system requirements for data, workflow, logical processes, interfaces with other systems, and outputs.
Work with clients to map data from the source system(s) to a target system for conversion. Work with Engineers to translate requirements into functional conversion processes. Facilitate and support client testing.
Provide assistance by responding to inquiries regarding errors, problems, or questions with the implementation.
Collaborate with internal project team members, such as project managers, engineers, and other consultants to ensure that project goals are met.
The role of JCA Consultant requires expertise in the work our clients do. Candidates should be knowledgeable enough about nonprofit operations and data management in knowledge areas such as:
- Advancement/Development Services
- Major gift fundraising
- Moves management
- Direct marketing
- Special events
- Gift processing
- Corporate fundraising
- Foundation fundraising
- Planned giving
- Recurring giving
- Online giving
- Constituent Relationship Management
Client Product Expertise
The Consultant must demonstrate proficiency in the products used by our clients, with special focus on Development/Advancement CRM systems. Consultants must have a solid grasp of constructs and concepts related to CRM, development, finance, and the web tools used by our clients. We are looking for a candidate with in-depth, technical knowledge of a system like Blackbaud Raisers Edge or Blackbaud CRM, but candidate will be asked to quickly learn new software.
Business Analysis Proficiency
The Consultant is able to prepare for and conduct interviews to gather requirements, identify fundamental issues causing client problems or challenges, and reveal problems the client may not recognize exist. This includes attending, leading, and documenting interviews. The Consultant takes large amounts of complex information collected during the interviews and organizes it using a logical structure to gain a better understanding of the information. This requires identifying the right information and excluding anything that does not support the project objective. The Consultant applies consulting expertise to create actionable recommendations.
The Consultant must be an excellent communicator. This includes speaking, writing, flow-charting and presenting. "Analysis" is where the Consultant decides what to say. Communication is the ability to deliver the message effectively.
Positive Client Reviews
We understand that sometimes honoring our core values means making some recommendations that may not be easy for clients to hear. We understand personalities often play a role in perception and the measure for this is not a simple grade based on client surveys. However, the Consultant should have good reviews from key client staff and the client should want to hire JCA again.
- Demonstrated understanding of the nonprofit sector
- Previous consulting experience is a plus
- Nonprofit CRM software expertise (implementation experience preferred)
- Hands-on experience with SQL Query and SQL Server Management Studio preferred
- Solid understanding of technical issues related to consulting: databases, report writing, web, and systems integrations
- Strong written and verbal communication skills
- Ability to lead interviews and meetings with client staff, including executive and senior level
- Ability to work collaboratively in a team
- Ability to work with minimal supervision in a deadline-driven environment
- Ability to establish and maintain strong relationships with client leadership
- Ability to work from home. Consultant may work from any city in the US near a major airport.
- Willingness to travel up to 35% of business days once COVID restrictions are lifted
- Competitive salary range based on experience and performance
- Paid Vacation, Personal, and Sick time
- 401(k) Retirement Plan
- Employee Stock Ownership Plan (ESOP)
- Health, Dental, and Vision Insurance
- Life Insurance and Long Term Disability Insurance
- eTrac Commuter program
Please send resume and cover letter to email@example.com and put “Consultant, CRM Implementations” in the subject line. Cover letters and resumes must be submitted to firstname.lastname@example.org and will not be considered otherwise. No phone calls, please.Back to Careers