Consultant, Project Manager
JCA seeks an experienced project management professional to participate in and lead projects including software implementation, application development, and other business consulting projects. Familiarity with nonprofit technology a plus.
JCA provides strategic consulting to the world's leading nonprofits. Since 1988, we have helped nonprofit organizations work smarter. As the first and largest independent consulting firm dedicated solely to the technical and operational needs of nonprofits, JCA has uncommon insight into the challenges our clients face. To work at JCA, you must adhere to our core values:
- We take our work seriously.
- We hold ourselves personally accountable for our work.
- We are honest, no matter what.
- We are fair and respectful to our clients and to each other.
- Excellence drives us.
Under the direction of the Services Directors and Project Sponsors, the Consultant controls the project according to the agreed upon scope and budget and manages and communicates the inevitable change. A Consultant is able to manage implementation, customization, and support projects independently and lead clients to successful outcomes.
Nonprofit Domain Expertise
JCA projects focus on the business operational strategies and challenges of nonprofit organizations. Previous experience working in a nonprofit organization is desired.
JCA Consultants must be excellent communicators. This includes reading with comprehension, speaking, writing, flow-charting, and presenting messages effectively.
Ability to Work as Part of a Team
Projects often require multiple staff. The Consultant is able to work effectively with other resources including fellow JCA consultants and engineers, JCA partners, and client organizations.
- Project management certification or equivalent experience
- Experience managing configurable software implementation, web, and/or product development
- Strong interpersonal and organizational skills
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Initiative and ability to assume additional responsibilities
- Strong computer skills including Microsoft Word, Excel, PowerPoint, email, and Web. PM applications, such as MS Project and JIRA a plus.
- Competitive salary range based on experience and performance
- Paid Vacation, Personal, and Sick time
- 401(k) Retirement Plan
- Employee Stock Ownership Plan (ESOP)
- Health, Dental, and Vision Insurance
- Life Insurance and Long Term Disability Insurance
- Flexible Spending Account (FSA)
- eTrac Commuter program
Please send resume to firstname.lastname@example.org and put "Services Consultant – Project Manager" in the subject line. No phone calls, please.
Back to Careers